Head of Ecommerce APPLY NOW
Who is Karhu?
Karhu is a legendary sports brand, born in Finland in 1916.
Karhu’s running team develops high performance running shoes, that merge both old and time-tested technologies from Karhu’s past with newly collected data that assist Karhu in creating footwear that is specifically designed for runners looks for a high-end running experience.
Karhu’s lifestyle team releases seasonal collections and concepts of all our lifestyle models. With the use of premium materials and unique colour combinations, Karhu is able to offer a wide range of sneakers to our retailers. Our lifestyle seasonal collections can be found in some of the most respected retailers and fashion boutiques around the world.
Along with our running shoes and lifestyle sneakers, Karhu develops apparel capsules to accompany our seasonal lifestyle releases. Additionally, Karhu also develop high-quality running apparel.
With business activities on almost all continents Karhu can be considered a global brand. Currently we sell our shoes in multiple retail locations around the world, our own store in Helsinki, and on our website; Karhu.com
What will you work on:
Together with the digital team you will be working on the digital experience of our B2C facing side of the Karhu Brand. Our newly built Shopify store is ready to support you in growing our online sales in Europe, North America, and Japan.
In a weekly call with Karhu’s management team, you will report the progress of all online sales and provide a status update on the projects you are working on. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Support the running and lifestyle team with the implementation and optimization of digital brand platforms.
- Cooperate with the Lifestyle, Running, & IT teams to ensure our platforms fit local market needs.
- Reach the ecommerce budgets, which you will determine together with Management.
- Analize and monitor date, optimize platforms and digital campaigns.
- Ensure customer expectations are seamless on all Karhu’s digital facing platforms.
- Coordinate with internal teams to assure a constant platform improvement.
- Monitor the results of our digital marketing efforts and coordinate the implementation of improvements where needed.
- Work on seasonal purchasing for the web sales channel.
- Coordinate with our Japanese Distributor to optimize their Karhu web shop.
- Maintain relationships with different suppliers who are involved and support Karhu’s digital assets and efforts.
- Try-out new innovations that will support Karhu’s growth.
What we hope you bring:
- Relevant Bachelor Degree.
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing eCommerce
- Experience with Shopify would be a Pré
- Experience with PowerBi would be a Pré.
- Significant knowledge of Google Adwords and Facebook Ads Manager.
- Knowledge of SEO and SEA.
- Strong analytical skills, eye for detail and an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to manage multiple suppliers both internal and external
- English language is required, second language Dutch, French or German would be a plus.
About working at Karhu:
When working at Karhu you are offered a lot of freedom to work on company goals and your day-to-day task. With a workplace in our Amsterdam office, you will be right in the middle of all the Karhu brand action, product design, and more.
Besides this we offer:
- A parttime (min 32 hours a week) or fulltime (40 hours) position.
- A competitive salary.
- Different mobility options are possible depending on your requirements and/or needs (Car/NS Business Card/Cost compensation).
- Participation in the Karhu Pension plan
- When working fulltime at Karhu we offer you 25 holidays a year.
- Phone and Laptop from the company.
- Partly working from home is an option.
- A limited amount of free pairs and always employee discount on Karhu Sneakers, Running Shoes and Apparel.
Every person who applies will receive equal employment opportunities. Each employee at Karhu should feel included, respected, and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability, or age.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest, but we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies