Operational Excellence Manager APPLY NOW
Who is Karhu?
Karhu is a legendary sports brand, born in Finland in 1916.
Karhu’s running team develops high performance running shoes, that merge both old and time-tested technologies from Karhu’s past with newly collected data that assist Karhu in creating footwear that is specifically designed for runners looks for a high-end running experience.
Karhu’s lifestyle team releases seasonal collections and concepts of all our lifestyle models. With the use of premium materials and unique colour combinations, Karhu is able to offer a wide range of sneakers to our retailers. Our lifestyle seasonal collections can be found in some of the most respected retailers and fashion boutiques around the world.
Along with our running shoes and lifestyle sneakers, Karhu develops apparel capsules to accompany our seasonal lifestyle releases. Additionally, Karhu also develop high-quality running apparel.
With business activities on almost all continents Karhu can be considered a global brand. Currently we sell our shoes in multiple retail locations around the world, our own store in Helsinki, and on our website; Karhu.com
What will you work on:
You like to offer our B2C and B2B clients the best experience when they are in contact with Karhu. The focus of the operational excellence manager will be towards our Logistics & IT setup. Making sure that our clients receive their products as expected or preferable even better then expected.
The operational excellence role will be a position that’s part of the management team. Together with Finance, IT and Managing Director you will take care of the strategical decision effecting Karhu’s future.
In this position you will have a team that will support you with the day to day tasks. Furthermore you should expect to work on:
- Collaborate with our local warehouse in the Netherlands and UK to optimize the processes.
- Coordinate a variety of tasks executed by the warehouse team; Stock Count, Inbound Shipments, Price Negotiation and more.
- Research innovations that will improve our operational Set-Up.
- Control Stock Levels and apply optimalizations.
- Optimize order process flow and control it.
- Connect with local carriers to create a better shipping network.
- Release shipments to B2B consumers based on KPI’s.
- Be in contact with our transatlantic container carrier partner to arrange global shipments and monitor the process.
What we hope you bring:
- Experience in Forecasting, demand/inventory planning and/or supply chain management.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Logistics, Business Management or Operations.
- 5+ years of working experience is required.
- Previous experience managing a 3PL.
- Previous experience with larger ERP software.
- Leadership role experience would be required.
- Overall understanding of Global Supply Chain.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central would be a pré.
- English language is required, second language Dutch or German would be a plus.
About working at Karhu:
When working at Karhu you are offered a lot of freedom to work on company goals and your day-to-day task. With a workplace in our Amsterdam office, you will be right in the middle of all the Karhu brand action, product design, and more.
Besides this we offer:
- A parttime (min 32 hours a week) or fulltime (40 hours) position.
- A competitive salary.
- Different mobility options are possible depending on your requirements and/or needs (Car/NS Business Card/Cost compensation).
- Participation in the Karhu Pension plan
- When working fulltime at Karhu we offer you 25 holidays a year.
- Phone and Laptop from the company.
- Partly working from home is an option.
- A limited amount of free pairs and always employee discount on Karhu Sneakers, Running Shoes and Apparel.
Every person who applies will receive equal employment opportunities. Each employee at Karhu should feel included, respected, and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability, or age.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest, but we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies