EU Retail Activation & Training Coordinator APPLY NOW
Who is Karhu?
Karhu is a legendary sports brand, born in Finland in 1916.
Karhu’s running team develops high performance running shoes, that merge both old and time-tested technologies from Karhu’s past with newly collected data that assist Karhu in creating footwear that is specifically designed for runners looks for a high-end running experience.
Karhu’s lifestyle team releases seasonal collections and concepts of all our lifestyle models. With the use of premium materials and unique colour combinations, Karhu is able to offer a wide range of sneakers to our retailers. Our lifestyle seasonal collections can be found in some of the most respected retailers and fashion boutiques around the world.
Along with our running shoes and lifestyle sneakers, Karhu develops apparel capsules to accompany our seasonal lifestyle releases. Additionally, Karhu also develop high-quality running apparel.
With business activities on almost all continents Karhu can be considered a global brand. Currently we sell our shoes in multiple retail locations around the world, our own store in Helsinki, and on our website; Karhu.com
What will you work on:
The EU Retail Activation and Training Coordinator is responsible for the development of training tools designed to increase engagement and spread awareness of the Karhu running brand and its core technologies. In addition to creating a variety of educational assets, the Retail Activation and Training Coordinator is responsible for the curation of a retail activation toolbox which will be used to bring Karhu’s seasonal marketing campaigns and product launches to life in store.
Tasked with building and maintaining strong relationships with Karhu’s specialty retail partners, the Retail Activation and Training Coordinator is a conduit for the core values of our running brand and serves the important role of helping to grow Karhu’s mind and market share within the running specialty channel.
- Retail Activation: Activate the NL and BE accounts "in-store" in conjunction with Karhu’s digital marketing campaigns, support the local teams in DACH and UK to activate accounts in the regions.
- Relationship Building: Develop a strong relationship with the outfitters and managers alike at our retail partners.
- Business Administration: Complete the weekly rotation planning and maintain the weekly/monthly and seasonal goals tracker for the NL, BE, UK and DACH.
- Team Training: Support the DACH and UK region by training the regional trainers and ensuring the top 20 specialists receive the tools needed to increase brand knowledge among their outfitters. Ensure that the seasonal concepts are adopted and executed at retail and online.
- Asset Creation: Prepare the retail activation toolbox for all seasonal concepts in conjunction with our digital marketing coordinator and brand manager.
What we expect bring you:
- BA in Marketing, Communication, Sport Management or similar.
- 3 years of marketing experience within the sport retail industry.
- Mature communication skills in English.
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of your time.
- A second language, like German or French would be a pre.
- Present your ideas in an organized, convincing and coherent manner.
- You have a clear understanding from the Running market in Europe.
- Ability to perform analysis to identify growth/optimization opportunities.
- Highly creative.
About working at Karhu:
When working at Karhu you are offered a lot of freedom to work on company goals and your day-to-day task. With a workplace in our Amsterdam office, you will be right in the middle of all the Karhu brand action, product design, and more.
Besides this we offer:
- A parttime (min 32 hours a week) or fulltime (40 hours) position.
- A competitive salary.
- Different mobility options are possible depending on your requirements and/or needs (Car/NS Business Card/Cost compensation).
- Participation in the Karhu Pension plan
- When working fulltime at Karhu we offer you 25 holidays a year.
- Phone and Laptop from the company.
- Partly working from home is an option.
- A limited amount of free pairs and always employee discount on Karhu Sneakers, Running Shoes and Apparel.
Every person who applies will receive equal employment opportunities. Each employee at Karhu should feel included, respected, and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability, or age.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest, but we do not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies